Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Surfer Girl Hat





I finally posted my new hat design on my Etsy shop! It is called "Surfer Girl" because it is something I would wear on a windy day after being in the waves. Surfers often wear beanies, but I wanted to make a more feminine style for the female surfers ( or beachlovers, or anyone with a chilly head). I especially love the shell edging because, well, it makes me think of seashells!
The first one I've listed in my shop is made from 100% wool. It is actually Noro Kureyon yarn, which I am in love with although it is a bit pricey. I believe that people want quality handmade products though, so I really love using high quality materials. I love this color combination, which I call "coquina" because I find these pastel colors in coquina shells all the time. Let me know if you like this style! If you have any colors you think would look good in a Surfer Girl hat, shout them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment